- Oldham couplings are a 3 piece design comprised of 2 aluminum hubs press fit CZPT a center disk. Torque transmission is accomplished by mating the slots on the center disk to the drive tenons on the hubs. During operation the center disk slides on the tenons of each hub (which are orientated 90 apart) to transmit torque.
- While the couplings accommodate a small amount of angular and axial misalignment, they are especially useful in applications with parallel misalignment.
- We offers oldham couplings in set screw or clamp styles with bores ranging from 4mm to 35mm. Inch and metric hubs (set screw, clamp style, keyed, or keyless) are interchangeable and can be combined into a single coupling as long as they have the same outside diameter. Oldham coupling hubs are standard in black anodized aluminum for improved lubricity, increased life, and low inertia. Hubs are also available in stainless steel CZPT request for increased corrosion resistance.
- Ideal for many light duty industrial and motion control applications, oldham couplings have the ability to protect more expensive machinery components.
- For example the oldham coupling acts as a torque limiter during overload. When the disk fails, it breaks cleanly and does not allow any transmission of power.
- Oldham couplings also have the advantage of electrical isolation due to the non-conductive nature of the center disk.
- This prevents electrical currents from being passed to delicate instruments which can cause inaccurate data readings or damage.
- High absorption capacity of radial misaligment
- They do not produce kinematic errors in transmission
- Elimination of loads on shaft
- Mechanical protection against excessive torque
- Replaceable disc
1. We have first-class testing equipment to detect linear guide various data parameters and control the quality of the linear guide.Whenever linear guides must first detected whether the quality is qualified and the unqualified linear guide will be eliminated directly.So we can get the trust of a large customer, and supply them for several years.
2. We have our own R & D capabilities, to help customers solve the problem of non-standard linear guides.We can also according to customer requirements change their own mark.
3. Price, our manufacture ensure that our prices across China are quite competitive.It is better for you to compare prices and quality among suppliers.But everyone knows you can not buy the highest quality products with the lowest price,but our product is the best quailty if you use equal price.
1. When can I get the quotation ?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you are very urgent to get the price,please call us or tell us in your email so that we will regard your inquiry priority.
2. How can I get a sample to check your quality ?
After price confirmed,sample order is available to check our quality.
3. What is your main products ?
Linear motion systems,like lead screws, flexible coupling,Miniature linear guide rails,ball screws,linear rod shaft,ceramic bearings …etc. But also CNC machining centers and CNC machinable tooling boards.
4. Could you get a better price on your products ?
Yes,you can.We will give the best price on all of the products you need,which can help you to compete other companies in your markets.
5. What is the strength of your company ?
We have a engineer team,who have well experienced on product’s and machine designs.We can help you to solve the problems you meet.
Welcome to inquiry US!
What are the Maintenance Requirements for Bellows Couplings to Ensure Reliable Performance?
Proper maintenance of bellows couplings is essential to ensure their reliable performance and extend their service life. Here are some maintenance requirements and practices for bellows couplings:
- Regular Inspection: Perform routine inspections of the bellows coupling to check for any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, or deformation in the bellows element, as these issues can lead to coupling failure.
- Lubrication: In most cases, bellows couplings do not require lubrication. However, some specific applications or coupling designs may benefit from periodic lubrication of the shafts. Always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding lubrication, as using the wrong type of lubricant can damage the coupling.
- Keep the Coupling Clean: Ensure that the bellows coupling and its surroundings are clean and free from debris. Dirt, dust, and foreign particles can accelerate wear and reduce the coupling’s performance.
- Avoid Overloading: Do not exceed the maximum torque and speed limits specified by the manufacturer. Overloading the coupling can cause premature failure and compromise the system’s performance.
- Address Misalignment and Shaft Movement: If misalignment or shaft movement occurs during operation, identify and correct the root cause promptly. Excessive misalignment or axial motion can put extra stress on the bellows and lead to premature failure.
- Inspect Fasteners: Check and tighten the fasteners, such as set screws or clamping screws, that secure the coupling to the shafts. Loose fasteners can cause the coupling to slip or shift, affecting its performance.
- Replace Damaged Couplings: If any signs of damage or wear are detected during inspection, replace the bellows coupling with a new one. Continuing to use a damaged coupling can result in catastrophic failure and potential damage to connected machinery.
- Follow Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Always follow the maintenance instructions provided by the coupling manufacturer. They may have specific recommendations for inspection intervals, cleaning methods, and other maintenance practices.
By following these maintenance practices, you can ensure that your bellows couplings remain in good condition and deliver reliable performance throughout their operational life. Regular inspections and proactive maintenance help identify potential issues early, allowing you to take corrective actions before they escalate into more significant problems.
What are the Standard Sizes and Dimensions Available for Bellows Couplings?
Bellows couplings come in a variety of standard sizes and dimensions to accommodate different shaft diameters and application requirements. The sizes and dimensions of bellows couplings can vary depending on the manufacturer and specific series of the coupling. However, some common standard sizes and dimensions are as follows:
- Shaft Diameter: Bellows couplings are available in a range of shaft diameters, typically starting from a few millimeters up to several inches. Common sizes include 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, and larger.
- Length: The overall length of a bellows coupling can vary based on the design and intended application. Standard lengths are usually specified by the manufacturer and can range from around 20mm to over 100mm, with longer versions available for certain applications.
- Outer Diameter: The outer diameter of a bellows coupling is determined by the coupling’s construction and can vary across different models. It is essential to consider the available space and installation requirements when choosing a bellows coupling based on its outer diameter.
- Maximum Torque Rating: Each bellows coupling has a maximum torque rating that defines the maximum amount of torque it can transmit without failure. The torque rating is typically specified in Newton-meters (Nm) or pound-inches (lb-in) and varies between different sizes and materials.
- Maximum Speed Rating: Bellows couplings are rated for a maximum rotational speed, usually expressed in revolutions per minute (RPM). The speed rating is an important consideration for high-speed applications to avoid exceeding the coupling’s critical speed or causing undue stress on the components.
- Material: Bellows couplings can be made from various materials, including stainless steel, aluminum, and other alloys. The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s requirements, environmental conditions, and the need for corrosion resistance.
It’s important to note that these dimensions and specifications may vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific series or model of the bellows coupling. When selecting a bellows coupling, it is crucial to consider the mechanical and performance requirements of the application to ensure proper fit and optimal performance.
How do Bellows Couplings Accommodate Misalignment and Axial Motion between Shafts?
Bellows couplings are designed to accommodate misalignment and axial motion between shafts while maintaining accurate torque transmission. The key features that enable this flexibility are the bellows element and the coupling’s construction.
1. Bellows Element: The bellows element is a thin-walled, corrugated metal tube with deep convolutions. When torque is applied to the coupling, the bellows element flexes, allowing for angular misalignment between the driving and driven shafts. The corrugations in the bellows provide the necessary flexibility while maintaining the overall structural integrity of the coupling.
2. Axial Motion Compensation: Bellows couplings can also accommodate axial motion between shafts. When there is axial displacement, the bellows compresses or extends, effectively compensating for the relative movement of the shafts along the axial direction. This feature is particularly beneficial in applications where shafts experience thermal expansion or contraction during operation.
3. Single and Multi-Bellows Designs: Bellows couplings are available in both single and multi-bellows designs. Single-bellows couplings offer greater flexibility and are suitable for applications with relatively low misalignments and axial motion. On the other hand, multi-bellows couplings provide enhanced flexibility and can accommodate higher levels of misalignment and axial motion.
4. Zero Backlash: Bellows couplings are designed to have minimal or zero backlash. Backlash refers to the play or clearance between the coupling’s components. Zero backlash ensures that there is no lost motion when reversing the direction of rotation, making bellows couplings ideal for precision motion control applications.
5. Reducing Side Loads: To ensure optimal performance and longevity, it is essential to minimize side loads on bellows couplings. Excessive side loads can cause premature wear and fatigue in the bellows element, leading to reduced coupling life.
Overall, bellows couplings provide excellent flexibility and compensatory capabilities, making them a preferred choice in applications where misalignment and axial motion are expected. The ability to handle these factors without compromising torque transmission or introducing backlash makes bellows couplings suitable for various industries, including robotics, automation, aerospace, and semiconductor manufacturing.
editor by CX 2023-09-04